Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

One week of classes completed and I have already crashed and burned in my approach to the college social life Luckily I have a back up plan up my sleeve, so time to focus on me.

Now to understand why I have to act this way, you first need to understand that my personality is of a helper/ people pleaser. I always want to put other before myself, and I always get stuck in the dreaded friend-zone because of it.

So this is my public, but also private, declaration of freedom from myself. I will focus on myself to make me the best I can be in every way, then I will begin to look outward.

OK thats the plan. so its time to make the change. March onward


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are told to care about other people, and there is some value to putting other people first at times. In other words we shouldn't be selfish. But we need to take care of ourselves too. It sounds as if you've figured it out. But it may not be easy to break your habit, so keep reminding yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, you have to put yourself first. It's great to be a friend and helper to others, but you gotta take care of yourself. Get out there, make some friends, and have a good time (without the alcohol and drugs)!

    Onward ho!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crashed and burned? In one week??? What the heck were you piloting, an F18 or something?? lol Listen Brad, 1st impressions are important but not the 'end all'...

    I'm sure everyone is desperately trying to put up a good front and impress others in the first week, but really, the kind of guy you need in your life, as a friend, or even something more, isn't going to be the one who judges you based on a week of chaos and adjustments.-- A real friend who is caring and considerate, and worth your time, will be a little less shallow. He may have noticed you already, or may be actually trying to find his way, just like you!

    Keep your priorities in focus! College isn't some never- ending quest for popularity, like high school was. It is expensive and a real stepping stone to a career. Remember that and take care of business!

    Don't agonize over not getting instantly hooked up with a boyfriend. Just be cool and friendly, and if and when the time is right, it will happen! Until then, study! Get good marks! Learn, achieve... and just be yourself!

    luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete