Friday, September 16, 2011

The wandering ways of love

So have you ever found someone that makes you smile? Ever found that person who, no matter what you do they can not be replaced? Have you ever found more than one of those people? at the same time?

Well I found one person, who means a lot to me, and that I believe I will fully be able to love one day, before I left for college who fit this description, well actually I met him in early june.
The funny thing is that I met his really close friend who, at first, seemed stand offish and rude, really grew on me and I have come to want to talk to him more and more.

OK so the moral of this story is really one that I have know idea about what I should do. Or how i should feel. Also this post proves the point I should not be writing at 7:45 am after a night out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Brad

    If I've read this correctly, you've found that you're in love with two people simultaneously. What should you do? If both of them know what the situation is, and accept it, just carry on as you are. Do your best to treat both of them fairly, as circumstances permit (treating them "equally" might not be possible or appropriate).

    If one or both of them don't know, then you should tell them, and try to work things out from there.

    And how should you feel? Happy, I would hope :-)
    If you're curious about how other people make this sort of situation work, I'd suggest you Google for "polyamory" - two sites that seem to be good resources are http://www.polyamory.com/ and http://www.polyamory.org/

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad,
    I think you have to go with the flow and see what happens. I suspect I know both, and also remember one thing...they are a long ways off and you have friends IRL right there with you, take advantage of that, and don't use long distance relationships to thwart the growth and maturity that comes with forming relationships in person.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't love them, be friends with them, have them as a part of your life. But keep things in perspective. You should feel happy, and and what you should do is keep being friends and making new ones and see where life takes you in the next four years as you make your way through college.
    Good to hear from you, even after what must have been an all-nighter? HAHAHAHA, COOL, so there's no lack of social life there, apparently!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete