Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Aftermath

Goodbye. I love you too, goodbye.
What is it about that word that makes people feel different things. Like if someone is going on a trip and they say goodbye, it is not final, but when that word is used and there is very little hope of ever seeing that person again, a deep sadness comes over us.


If you have not guessed already as of 9:30 EST my life was "touched" by suicide, or sadly to say hopefully attempted suicide. (I really do hope he failed).

Someone over 5000 miles away in the Uk attempted suicide last night and for all I know he succeeded, and  now this morning I'm left alone, picking up the pieces with a " i love you too, goodbye".

You know how you watch those dating website ads on TV and you, well at least I, this what bull shit how can you fall in love with someone that you never met, never felt, or kissed.
I now understand that: his name was Jack, and i met him about 6 weeks ago on a website and we started talking. he seemed really nice and he seemed interested, but best of all he was so cute. We started video chatting on Skype a few days later ( thank god for the new technology age) i got to see him. well we talked off and on for the next month my feelings slowly growing. I loved Jack...no I love jack and i will miss him terribly

7 comments:

  1. Brad,
    I think all any of us know is that some sort of attempt was made at suicide. I've txted Peter several times, but gotten no response. Jack's mom told me he was OK, but would not be contactable for a few days.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Brad

    Welcome to our community. I'm sorry that you had to come to us in such circumstances, but hopefully things will get better from now on, especially for Jack.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i have known jack for about 2 months now and have been dealing with him and this for that long. Jack is and always will be very important to me and i hope he gets help and realizes he has a disease and that it can be fought one day at a time.
    And thank you for welcoming me i know this has to be hard on u all, cause i know this is hard for me video chatting him until he said it hurt him to watch me cry over him....its hard but I'm glad he is alive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Brad

    I think Jack is aware that it's not good for him to be depressed. If I've understood the current situation correctly, he will now be getting medical help for the depression as well as whatever he did to himself last night - our National Health Service may have its faults, but I think it would manage to prescribe anti-depressants in this situation, and hopefully organise some therapy too.

    Today has been fairly grim for all of us, I'm sure: I've know Jack for longer than you, but less intensely, as it were - no video chat, for example.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks yea u probably have known him longer, and I'm glad I'm not alone here. i mean idk a lot about ur NHS but I'm sure it can get him what he needs if not there are a lot of alternatives across the pond as it were. i know if i can get help here there is bound to be help for him over there i wish i was more in the loop about what is going on. but thanks for keeping me updated and just being here to talk to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Brad

    If you haven't yet seen it, there's an update from Jack's mother on Peter's blog: http://iitsmylife-dontlikeit-idontcare.blogspot.com/

    Jay M. is also one of Jack's friends; he has e-mail and MSN (details in his profile), and I'm sure he'll be happy to talk too.

    Meanwhile, it's 11.30pm here (I guess you're used to the time difference from talking to Jack) and I'm about to fall asleep. I think tomorrow will be a better day than today.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Brad

    I thought I'd drop you a line, and see how you are today. Feel free to e-mail (wanderingpom@orangehome.co.uk) or MSN (wanderingpom@hotmail.co.uk) if you like.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete