Friday, August 26, 2011

First Night

Anyone who has gone through a first something knows the feeling. The not knowing what to do, or where to go, or even who to do it with.

Lets be clear. The first night of college is not any different. Luckily I get along well with one of my roommates, while with the other one I'm not sure what type of relationship we have.

It's nice tho, college is really fun; once the parents leave there is a different type of atmosphere here. Some parts of it are fun an exciting when the people you are with have grown up past high school, in a way that the roommate I don't know how to feel about has proven in one night that he has not.

Besides all the great adventures that lay ahead I think about people that are important too me, and I think for the time being that matters far more than 3 to 4 shots. ( yes this is about a boy who is very special too me). I saw people drunk hooking up and i realized that HE is more important than Mr. Right-now, cause he may be the Mr. Right.
So Im up with 4 hours of sleep I think I need a shower and coffee....
Peace

4 comments:

  1. This should be an interesting and exciting new phase of your life you are now starting out on. I hope you enjoy it and that you are successful in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're dead- on about the drinking, Brad... That'll just lead to impulsive and dumb behavior during a time when you need to find some balance. I'm not naive, btw. I know that you'll encounter plenty of drinking and probably a fair amount of drug use as well, and there will be those that try to pressure you into that activity for various reasons, including the claim that it makes things oh so much easier.

    Don't buy into that. In the long run, you are better served by a chemical free brain and a more mature way of looking at things... There are plenty of ways to have fun, but at this point, just try to settle in and sort things out. Once you feel more at ease and the initial chaos fizzles, you'll have time to figure out who you want to hang with. As always, keep your head about you and enjoy your status- being young can be a GREAT place to be!! luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Brad

    I'm glad to hear you've arrived and are settling in. I think you've got the right attitude: have fun, but keep a clear head about what you're doing. I hope your less mature roommate grows up quickly, or you find some way of coping with him.

    Meanwhile, I've been watching the news - I don't know where you are, but if you're anywhere in range of Hurricane Irene, please be careful.

    Best of luck for the next few days (in case of hurricanes) and for university in general.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete